Thursday, May 4th, 8:30 AM- 3:30 PM
PRE-CONVENTION SESSION: STUDENT LOAN WORKSHOP
You already know the importance of understanding student loans for your bankruptcy practice. This one-day, learning intense workshop will cover the basics, the complex and many topics in-between. The end result will allow you to make sense of your clients’ student loan situation and how to work it into your bankruptcy practice.
Learn where to find the information needed by your client, how to use that information and how to make mole hills out of mountains. This special pre-convention session will cover administrative discharges, all the repayment plans, the forgiveness plans and how to deal with private student loans as well. Take a look at this lineup:
- Joshua Cohen, Esq. The Student Loan Lawyer, West Dover, VT (Bio)
- Edward Boltz, Esq. NACBA President & Law Office of John T. Orcutt, Raleigh, NC (Bio)
- John Rao, Esq. National Consumer Law Center, Boston, MA (Bio)
Agenda (subject to change without notice)
- 8:30 – 9:00 Student Loan Industry Entities & Their Roles
- 9:00 – 9:30 Types of Federal Loans
- 9:30 – 10:00 Administrative Discharges
- 10:00 – 10:15 Break
- 10:15 – 10:45 Default Consequences
- 10:45 – 11:15 Curing the Default
- 11:15 – 11:30 Balance Based Repayment
- 11:30 – 12:30 Lunch on your own
- 12:30 – 1:00 Income Driven Repayment
- 1:00 – 1:30 Forgiveness
- 1:30 – 2:00 Repayment Plans During
- 2:00 – 2:15 Break
- 2:15 – 2:45 Private Student Loan Defense (in and out of 13)
- 2:45 – 3:30 Review of 523a(8) with Analysis.
Please note, Pre-Convention sessions take place before the convention.These sessions are NOT included with your convention registration. These sessions are add-on sessions that take place on Thursday, May 4, 2017 Register Today!