In the News…
Class-Action Lawsuit Cites Misleading Collection Letters
Supreme Court Rules that Unaccepted Offer Fully Satisfying a Plaintiff’s Claims Cannot Moot a Case
House Financial Services Committee Calls for Suspension of Settlement Ordered by CFPB
New National Poll Indicates Strong Support for Reform of Paid Tax Preparer Industry
First Possible Tech IPO of Year: Elevate Pushes Predatory Long-Term Payday Loans
Supreme Court Sides with Consumer on TCPA Case Campbell-Ewald v Gomez in 6-3 Decision
Thousands Apply to U.S. to Forgive Their Student Loans, Saying Schools Defrauded Them
REGISTER TODAY FOR NACBASF 2016 AND RECEIVE THE EARLY BIRD RATE!
Join us at the San Francisco Marriott Marquis on May 19th-22nd for the 24th Annual Convention in San Francisco. This will be a convention to remember!
Just look at this lineup for the Keynote Speakers:
- Bob Shrum, Famed Political Consultant. Shrum has advised practically every major Democratic candidate from Edmund Muskie and Ted Kennedy to All Gore and John Kerry, and understands how political campaigns are fought and won. Shrum is the author of No Excuses: Concessions of a Serial Campaigner.
- Nomi Prins, Renowned Author & Commentator from Wall Street to Washington. Prins’ latest acclaimed book All the Presidents’ Bankers is a groundbreaking narrative on how an elite group of men transformed the American economy & government, dictated policy & shaped world history. Nomi has appeared on CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, CSPAN, PBS, FOX and other TV stations.
- Adam Carroll, 2x Tedx Speaker. Founder of National Financial Educators, author ofWinning the Money Game, director ofBroke, Busted & Disgusted, host of Build a Bigger Life podcast and creator of Scholarship Mastery.
Just another reason to Register by March 25th to Receive the Early Bird Rate! Visit http://nacbacon.com/ to register and learn more about the sessions, keynote speakers and a few new things NACBA has in store for you!
New Proof of Claim and Mortgage Attachment: The Other Form Changes
- Thursday, February 4, 2016, 60 minutes
- 3 PM Eastern / 2PM Central / 1PM Mountain / 12 PM Pacific
- Presented by: Max Gardner III Esq. and John Rao, Esq.
- $25 Members / $75 Non Member. REGISTER HERE
We all know that all of the bankruptcy filing forms were revised as of December 1, 2015. But did you know that major changes were also made to the Proof of Claim form (Form 410) and the Mortgage Proof of Claim Attachment form (Form 410A), with the same effective on Dec. 1, 2015? Learn from two bankruptcy and consumer law experts how these form changes can help you in representing clients. This webinar will help you to understand the new forms and what to look for in figuring out whether the creditor’s claim is accurate and whether the servicer may have misapplied payments or made other servicing errors before the bankruptcy was filed.
SAVE THE DATE!
2016 never looked better! Sail the friendly seas when you register for NACBA’s Fall Workshop Summit at Sea, October 7th-10th, 2016.
KEEP YOUR NACBA MEMBERSHIP CURRENT
With so many exciting educational events and networking opportunities on the horizon in 2016 begin this year by renewing your NACBA Membership! Renew Today!
Not a member of NACBA? Want to take advantage of all the benefits NACBA Members receive?Make a resolution and Join NACBA Today!
Receive NACBA’s Bankruptcy News Briefs Automatically!
Subscribe to NACBA NOW!