Check out Friday’s Headlines…
Lessons from Harris v. Viegelahn
Monday, April 11, 2016, 60 minutes
3 PM Eastern / 2PM Central / 1PM Mountain / 12 PM Pacific
Registration deadline: 4/11/16 at 2PM Eastern.
$25 Member / $75 Non Member
In Harris v. Veigelhan, the Supreme Court resolved a disagreement among courts over the question of whether a debtor or his creditors should receive funds derived from the debtor’s post-petition wages held by the trustee under a confirmed chapter 13 plan when the case is converted to chapter 7 in good faith. In a clear, concise, and narrowly focused decision the Court ruled in the debtor’s favor. Subsequently, some courts have applied Harris broadly to deny payment of debtor’s counsel in other circumstances.
This webinar will review the various post-Harris cases that have been decided and offer practical suggestions for ways in which debtor’s counsel can get paid in unsuccessful chapter 13 cases.
If you are unable to participate in webinar at scheduled time, register by 4/11/16 at 2 PM Eastern and you will receive recording, materials and discounted pricing. After 4/11/16, the webinar will be available in the NACBA Store.
Time is Winding Down! HAVE YOU REGISTERED for #NACBASF2016?
The 24th Annual NACBA Convention is just around the corner! We are looking forward to all of the exciting sessions, speakers, networking, and of course being in the beautiful city of San Francisco. We hope you are getting ready to embark on this one of a kind experience as well! Take a minute to look over this 3 point checklist to make sure you’re ready for #NACBASF:
- Have you Registered? Registering is simple and only takes a few moments. Register by Friday, April 8th and receive the Early Bird Rate. There’s only 7 days remaining to receive this special rate so register today!
- Make your Airline Reservation. NACBA has arranged the following discounts flying into San Francisco on two different airlines, United Airlines and Delta Airlines.
- United– To book travel online, enter ZVNS928278 in the Offer Code box when searching for flights.
- Delta-When booking online, select Book A Trip, click on Advanced Search and enter the meeting code, NMMCK, in the box provided on the Search Flights page. Reservations may also be made by calling our Delta Meeting reservations at 800-328-1111 Mon-Fri 7 am-7 pm CDT.
- Place your Hotel Reservations: NACBASF will be taking place at the Marriott Marquis San Francisco. Attendees will receive a special rate of $245 per night. If you are calling in your reservation, be sure to ask to stay in the NACBA block. The special rate is available through April 27, 2016 or until the block sold out. Click HERE to make your reservations with the hotel.
Now, once you’ve checked everything off your list, kick and back and get ready for an awesome Convention!
EXHIBITOR AND SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
VACATION AND EDUCATION!
Why not mix a little work with a little play! Earn CLE while you have some fun at NACBA’s Fall Workshop Summit at Sea, October 7th-10th, 2016. The location might be unexpected, but the education provided aboard will be what NACBA members have come to expect from our educational programs. Save the Date and come sail away with NACBA!
KEEP YOUR NACBA MEMBERSHIP CURRENT
With so many exciting educational events and networking opportunities on the horizon don’t forget to renew your NACBA Membership! Renew Today!
Not a member of NACBA? Take advantage of all the benefits NACBA Members receive and Join NACBA Today!
Receive NACBA’s Bankruptcy News Briefs Automatically