What’s New This Week?
Consumer Credit Default Rates Steady in June
CFPB Complaints Center Generates Results, and Controversy
Contact Frequency Is Key as CFPB Pursues Debt Collection Rules
CFPB again finds loan servicers routinely violate federal laws causing injury to homeowners
Are Those Taxes Owing On Your Late-Filed Tax Return Dischargeable? Maybe, But You Better Be In The Right Circuit
Caught in the Cross-Fire: Student Loan Lenders and Servicers’ Risks in the Bankruptcy Fight over College Tuition Clawbacks
Payday Loan Limits May Cut Abuse but Leave Some Borrowers Looking
Student Debt Helps, Not Harms, the U.S. Economy, White House Says
Register for The Summit at Sea’s Pre -Cruise Events on October 6th!
In addition to the Summit at Sea, NACBA is offering a pre-cruise session at the Shelborne Wyndham Grand Hotel, in South Beach Miami. on Thursday, October 6th, from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Kent Anderson and Larry Heinkel will talk Tax Problem Resolution for Bankruptcy Lawyers: Adding IRS Representation to your Portfolio of Skills
Plan to join us for this special session and earn some extra CLE before the cruise departs. To register for the sessions on land and sea, CLICK HERE! Afterwards join us for a Launch Party!
NACBA Membership Benefit
Summer is a perfect time to catch up on the many Webinars available in our NACBA Store! Take a look at what’s available to you!
- Lesson from Harris v. Viegelagn (More Info)
- Regulation X & Z Enforcement: New Tools for Consumer Attorneys (More Info)
- New Proof of Claim & Mortgage Attachment: Other Form Changes (More Info)
- Getting Rid of Encumbered Property in Consumer Cases (More Info)
- “Modernized” Bankruptcy Forms Part I Webinar (More Info)
- “Modernized” Bankruptcy Forms Part II: Live Q&A (More Info)
- Student Loans in Bankruptcy Workshop (More Info)
- 2015 Supreme Court Decisions & What They Mean For Your Practice (More Info)
- Security Clearances & Bankruptcy (More Info)
- Taxes In Bankruptcy, 2014 Virtual Fall Workshop (More Info)
- Family Law & Bankruptcy (More Info)
- Getting Paid: Collecting Reasonable Attorneys’ Fees in Chap 7 & Chap 13
- Dealing with Debt Buyer Claims
Member Benefit webinars (Free to NACBA Members) are located on the Member Dashboard page.
Save The Date!
2017 NACBA’s 25th Annual Convention – Silver Anniversary
Thursday, May 4 – Sunday, May 7, 2017
Invest in Yourself! Join NACBA Today!
Not a member of NACBA? Join today and take advantage of the benefits, networking opportunities and resources NACBA has to offer!