New Headlines for a New Week…
House Education Bill Ends Key Student Protections that Will Lead to a Lifetime of Debt
Nomination for Permanent CFPB Director Could Come in Early 2018
89 Call Recordings Not Enough to Convince Court that Plaintiff Did Not Revoke Consent
Debtor Could Reopen Chapter 13 to Avoid Judgment Lien which Creditor Attempted to Renew in State Court, but Could Not Recover Sanctions
Congress Moves to Protect Predatory Payday Lenders’ Unaffordable 300% Loans
Court Would Not use §105 to Dismiss Chapter 7 after it Found that Dismissal Wasn’t Warranted under §707
Bankruptcy Court Could Not Use 11 USC §105 to Extend or Impose the Automatic Stay
Disputed CFPB acting director plans to seek preliminary injunction: filing
Federal Court Holds 30-Day Validation Notice Language Violates FDCPA
Creditors Beware: Inbound Bankruptcy Rule Changes Require Heightened Awareness
New York Federal Court Demands that FDCPA Plaintiffs Read Entire Debt Collection Letter to Determine Creditor’s Identity
Brimfield man sentenced for concealing assets during bankruptcy filing
CMS Waives Medicaid Retroactive Eligibility For Iowa: Is Your State Next?
3 Days Until the 2017 Virtual Bankruptcy Workshop! Are You Registered?
Examine the New and Amended Bankruptcy Rules, National Uniform Plan and Local Plans
December 7-8, 2017
12:00 PM – 3:00 PM Eastern (Both Days, Part I & 2)
NACBA Member Fee: $199
Format: Live Presentation, both days, with Q&A.
Includes: All Materials, Certificate of Attendance & Recording Access.
- You must be logged in to receive the member rate. See help video.
It’s a New Month Renew Your NACBA Membership for a Chance to Win 2 Great Resources!
Renew your NACBA membership this month for a chance to be entered to win not one but 2 amazing resources! Here’s what you can win!
- NCLC’s Quick Guide to Federal Evidence and Objections(value $35). An essential practice tool for federal (and even state) court litigation, facilitating objection by rule number, and including common objections and motions at every stage of a case.
- In addition to the Quick Guide to Evidence, winners will also receive the guide inside a NACBA logo portfolio (value $50). This portfolio even includes a protective space for your tablet!
Just renew your membership for a chance at winning! Two (2) winners will be chosen at random each month.
Registration is Open for the 2018 NACBA Annual Convention!
Why Attend #NACBADEN?
- Education: Attendees typically earn 22 of the best CLEs designed for debtor’s attorneys. NACBA’s planning committee is busy putting together a line up that will offer something for everyone, from the beginner to the seasoned practitioner.
- Networking: Don’t miss the opportunity to share war stories with your colleagues from around the country.
- Exhibits: More than 50 vendors, representing a wide range of products and services, launch new products, provide demonstrations, and meet with attendees to discuss purchases or problems.
- Wellness: Attend daily AM Yoga sessions on each day of the convention, included with your convention registration. Participation will be limited and available on first, come, first serve until capacity is reached.
- Fun: Attendees can meet and mingle at NACBA’s Friday night reception. When you are not in session, be sure to check to see if the Rockies are in town, or if your favorite band is playing at the iconic concert venue, Red Rocks.
Register by February 23rd for the Early Bird Rate to get great savings!