New Week…New Headlines
Upcoming NACBA Webinar!
Don’t miss NACBA’s comprehensive webinar, “2017 Case Law Updates & Impact on Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys,” Thursday, June 22nd from 3pm-4pm ET with Henry Sommer and Angela Littiwn. This webinar will discuss recent trends in bankruptcy case law, with analysis of cases decided by the Courts of Appeals and other appellate courts. Take a look at the cases they will be discussing and make sure you Register Today!
Cost is $25 for NACBA Members/$75 For NonMembers
Renew Your Membership For a Chance to Win This Great Resource!
Renew your membership in June to be entered to win a copy of NCLC Consumer Bankruptcy Law and Practice Volume I & II, Eleventh Edition (Value $130). Two winners, will be selected at random each month.
Introduce a New Member to NACBA & Receive a $25 Amazon Gift Card!
In honor of NACBA’s 25th Anniversary, we want to reward you with a $25 Amazon Gift Card! Introduce a new member to NACBA and we will send you $25 Amazon Gift Card. Not only will YOU receive a $25 Amazon Gift Card but the NEW MEMBER will also receive a $25 Amazon Gift Card! Check out the Requirements and start referring today!
Can you believe it’s been a month since the 2017 Convention? Was there a session you wanted to attend, but couldn’t? We understand! There were so many incredible sessions available and you can only be in one place at one time, but don’t fret! There is a way that you can relieve NACBA25 visit Playback NACBA and access your 3 Month Pass if you were an attendee!
Not A Member of NACBA? Join today and receive membership benefits that will enhance your professional endeavors!
Don’t miss NACBA’s comprehensive webinar, “2017 Case Law Update& Impact on Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys,” Thursday, June 22nd from 3pm-4pm ET with Henry Sommer and Angela Littiwn. This webinar will discuss recent trends in bankruptcy case law, with analysis of cases decided by the Courts of Appeals and other appellate courts. Take a look at the cases they will be discussing and make sure you Register Today!
- Midland Funding, LLC v. Aleida Johnson, No. 16-348
- Husky Int’l Elecs., Inc. v. Ritz, 136 S. Ct. 1581 (2016)
- Failla v. Citibank, N.A. (In re Failla), 838 F.3d 1170 (11th Cir. 2016)
- Lynch v. Jackson, 2017 WL 59011 (4th Cir. Jan. 4, 2017)
- In re Adinolfi, 543 B.R. 612 (B.A.P. 9th Cir. 2016)
- Fla. Dep’t of Revenue v. Gonzalez (In re Gonzalez), 832 F.3d 1251 (11th Cir. 2016)
- In re Rivera, 832 F.3d 1103 (9th Cir. 2016)
- County of Dakota v. Milan (In re Milan), 556 B.R. 922, 923 (B.A.P. 8th Cir. 2016)
- Germeraad v. Powers, 826 F.3d 962 (7th Cir. 2016)
- In Re Tracht Gut, LCC, 836 F.3d 1146 (9th Cir. 2016)
- Birmingham v. PNC Bank, N.A. (In re Birmingham), 846 F.3d 88 (4th Cir. 2017)
- In re Crawford, 841 F3 1 (1st Cir. Oct. 25, 2016)
- DeNoce v. Neff (In re Neff), No. 14-60017 (9th Cir. June 9, 2016)
- Spokane Law Enforce Fed. Credit Union v. Barker (In re Barker), 839 F.3d 1189 (9th Cir. 2016)
- Anderson v. Hancock (In re: Hancock), 820 F.3d 670 (4th Cir. 2016)
- Smith v. Capital One Bank (USA), N.A., 845 F.3d 256 (7th Cir. 2016)
- Bazemore v. Jefferson Capital Sys., LLC, No. 15-12607 (11th Cir. July 5, 2016)
Cost of the Webinar
$25 for NACBA Member/$75 Non-Member
We Hope You Join Us!
Case Law Update
Saturday, May 21st, 11:00 am – 12:30 pm
United States Bankruptcy Judge
San Jose, CA
A native of North Carolina, she received her undergraduate degree from Duke University, and her JD with honors from the University of North Carolina School of Law.
Hon. Ronald Sargis
United States Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of California Judge
onald H. Sargis is a Federal Bankruptcy Court Judge for the United States Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of California. He was sworn in to the court on January 14, 2010. Sargis received his undergraduate degree from Stanford University in 1979 and his J.D. from McGeorge Law School at the University of the Pacific in 1982.Prior to joining the court, Sargis was a partner with the firm Hefner, Stark & Marois, where he worked for twenty-six years. He began his legal career as a law clerk for Judge Loren Dahl.