Check Out Monday’s Headlines…
Wells Fargo Facing Penalties Over Ignoring Student Loan Included in Bankruptcy
The IRS’ Inability to Collect Tax by Levy Tolled the 3-Year Time Period to Determine Dischargeability under §507(a)(8)
Debtor’s Wedding Ring is “Necessary Wearing Apparel” and Fully Exempt Under State Statute
Statement of National Consumer Law Center’s Lauren Saunders Regarding Appointment of Mulvaney
Mulvaney as Interim Director of Consumer Bureau
Creditor Could be Liable for Violating Discharge Injunction, Even if the Debt Does Not Exist
Debt-settlement bill worries consumer groups
Equifax breach is already taking a toll on consumers
CFPB Director Cordray Shaped a Critical Consumer Watchdog
All About the CFPB, Washington’s New Flashpoint: QuickTake Q&A
US Black Friday Sales Hit Record High, So Does Household Debt
CFPB Drama’s Next Act Comes as Dueling Heads Show Up to Lead
FDCPA Overrides State Law Limitations Period And Charging Order Exclusivity In Wilhite
Months after Equifax breach, credit freeze bill on ice
Goldman Sachs forgives $71 million in mortgage debt
Registration is Open for the 2017 Virtual Bankruptcy Workshop!
Examine the New and Amended Bankruptcy Rules, National Uniform Plan and Local Plans
December 7-8, 2017
12:00 PM – 3:00 PM Eastern (Both Days, Part I & 2)
NACBA Member Fee: $199
Format: Live Presentation, both days, with Q&A.
Includes: All Materials, Certificate of Attendance & Recording Access.
- You must be logged in to receive the member rate. See help video.
Registration is Open for the 2018 NACBA Annual Convention!
Why Attend #NACBADEN?
- Education: Attendees typically earn 22 of the best CLEs designed for debtor’s attorneys. NACBA’s planning committee is busy putting together a line up that will offer something for everyone, from the beginner to the seasoned practitioner.
- Networking: Don’t miss the opportunity to share war stories with your colleagues from around the country.
- Exhibits: More than 50 vendors, representing a wide range of products and services, launch new products, provide demonstrations, and meet with attendees to discuss purchases or problems.
- Wellness: Attend daily AM Yoga sessions on each day of the convention, included with your convention registration. Participation will be limited and available on first, come, first serve until capacity is reached.
- Fun: Attendees can meet and mingle at NACBA’s Friday night reception. When you are not in session, be sure to check to see if the Rockies are in town, or if your favorite band is playing at the iconic concert venue, Red Rocks.
Register by February 23rd for the Early Bird Rate to get great savings!